Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Kabobs on July 9



This is a perfect example of time flies when you're having fun (or not)! I have had very good intentions for the last several days to write an update and have finally found the time to do it...whew! Another class has come and gone...All Kinds of Kabobs and I'm happy to say that I have had many reports from those of you who have tried and succeeded with flying colors! That is truly the whole point of teaching! Take everything I give you and use it! Awesome! I hope you will share a little of your experiences with everyone else...please!

To catch you up...we made beef kabobs and shrimp kabobs...we also made all kinds of vegetables (onions, bell peppers, mushrooms, tomatoes, nothing too exotic) and finished with Grilled Romaine Hearts. Everything was super easy...very little, if any, marinade...mainly, salt, pepper and olive oil. So the real flavors of the food sang out!

The title of the next class is My Favorite Tools and last Thursday's participants asked that I make three of my favorite things...I am happy to do that (fun for me) but I would like to hear what YOU want! I've had lots of requests for dessert so I will do at least one but what else?! Let me know...here's another chance to participate!!

2 comments:

  1. Im curious to know what are your 3 favorite dishes :) I followed you from the foodieblogroll and I enjoyed reading through your recipes and stories here. I'd love to guide our readers to your site if you won't mind.Just add your choice of foodista widget to this post and it's all set to go, Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment! I will check out foodista and let you know about the widget.
    Of course, favorites are often whatever I'm cooking at the time! I do love to cook Italian or in the "Italian-style". So a couple of my favorites are Osso Buco and Swordfish Involtini. I also just made a pasta dish for native Italian friends that was chopped Kalamata olives, roasted red peppers, Peppadew peppers, arugula, goat cheese and Parmigiana all tossed together at the last moment with perciatelli (that's all I had) and a little pasta water. It was amazing...flavors so fresh and clean!

    ReplyDelete