Sunday, May 31, 2009

She Can Cook, Too!

I have been trying to decide what to write about today and then it happened...my NYC daughter emailed me with a photograph of her first attempt at the Black Bean Pineapple Salad over which I have been waxing poetic...LOL.
Take a look at this! Even her little sister knew what it was!
This is the child who was asking me to add "How to Boil Water" to my blog.
You've made your mama (and your sister) proud, girl...of course, let me know how it tastes!
It just goes to show you that if you will jump into the whole cooking thing, you can do it.
BTW....here's a shameless plug...my next cooking class is scheduled for Thursday, June 11 at 6:30. We'll be at Metro Builders Supply at 53rd and Mingo. Their showroom is beautiful and filled with every appliance you could ever want to see. They have re-designed a number of areas (including the Viking Gallery where I typically teach and cook). The topic will be Entree Salads and Salad Dressings and since the May class was canceled (too many people with too much to do!), I will focus on Knife Skills as well. So it should be lots of fun. Here's what I'm thinking for recipes...Grilled Flank Steak Salad with Blue Cheese over Baby Arugula and Latin-inspired Grilled Chicken Salad with Grilled Avocado and Onions over Chopped Romaine Hearts. My dressings will be made using one of my favorite tools...the Mason jar!
Enjoy the beautiful weather (if you're in this part of the country) and your Sunday wherever you are!
Happy Cooking!!

2 comments:

  1. So, I was in Tulsa last week to pick up my dog (his grandparents kept him while hubby and I took a beach vacation), and I did my usual snooping routine in their fridge and found a container of your black bean pineapple salad. It was so good! I can't wait to try and make it on my own now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom, the salad even tasted good! I'm so glad that I made you and sister proud...I guess even I can make something if I take the time and follow your tips! :-)
    I took the salad to a brunch on Sunday and everyone since then has been asking me for the recipe. I directed them all here to your blog!
    Thanks again, Mom, the successful salad makes me want to try even more cooking...so I'll keep you posted!

    ReplyDelete